ZAMBIA [Capital City: Lusaka]
A former colony of Britain, Zambia is known for its copper industry, tourism, the Victoria Waterfalls, and the hydro-electricity dam over the Zambezi River, which serves many countries in Central and Southern Africa.
PROVERBS FROM ZAMBIA
1. Death is like a robe everyone has to wear.
2. When the brothers fight to the death, a stranger inherits their father’s estate.
3. The rain does not recognize anyone as a friend; it drenches all equally.
4. We will water the thorn for the sake of the rose.
5. If a toad jumps around in the daytime, it is either chasing something or something is chasing it.
6. When the bush is on fire, the antelope ceases to fear the hunter’s bullet.
IMPORTANT LINKS ON ZAMBIA
The following links will take you to sources that have some important information on Zambia: