SEYCHELLES [Capital City: Victoria]
PROVERBS FROM SEYCHELLES
1. If the stomachache were in the foot, one would go lame.
2. The opportunity that God sends does not wake up him who is asleep.
3. If a little tree grows in the shade of a larger tree, it will die small.
4. A cow must graze where she is tied.
5. The sweet rice is eaten quickly.
6. An elephant’s head is no load for a child.
7. If you are building a house and a nail breaks, do you stop building, or do you change the nail?
8. When an elephant is in trouble even a frog will kick him.
9. The monkey leaps only as far as it can reach.
10. A well-fed old lion is better than a hungry young one.
11. A pygmy’s shadow is greater with the setting sun.
12. A dog that lives on the bank of a brook never tires of lapping the water.
13. He who looks for honey must have the courage to face the bees.
IMPORTANT LINKS ON SEYCHELLES
The following links will take you to sources that have some important information on Seychelles: