Saharoui Arab Democratic Republic
SAHAROUI ARAB DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC [Capital City: El Aalun ]
This country used to be called Spanish Sahara because it was a former colony of Spain. It has been in crisis since the 1960s and 70s as a result of the conflict between the citizens and Morocco over ownership rights. While Morocco sees the territory as part of its territorial integrity, the leaders of the Saharoui Arab Democratic Republic insit that the land belongs to the Saharoui, not Morocco.
PROVERBS FROM THE SAHAROUI ARAB DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC
2. Without the head, a snake is only a rope.
3. Fish grow fat for the benefit of the crocodile.
4. If you are not dead yet, don’t be too sure to be buried with the same head you have.
5. Even the fish which lives in water is always thirsty.
6. The hawk spends its day flying when the forest is on fire.
7. A man who is impatient to have a child will marry a pregnant woman.
8. Like a turtle, every man should stick out his neck if he wants to go forward.
9. If you kill time, you’ll bury opportunities.
10. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him.
11. At high tide the fish eat ants; at low tide the ants eat fish.
12. Whoever plows with a team of donkeys must have patience.
13. If you play with a cat, you must not mind her scratch.
14. If stretching were wealth, the cat would be rich.
15. God gives every bird its worm, but he does not throw it into the nest.
16. If you were born lucky, even your rooster will lay eggs.
IMPORTANT LINKS ON THE SAHAROUI ARAB DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC
The following links will take you to sources that have some important information on Saharoui Arab Democratic Republic: