IVORY COAST [Capital City:Abidjan]
The Ivory Coast used to be regard as the “pet country” of France, and it was wehere the French implemented their colonialist policies of Assimilation and Association before granting the territory independence in 1960. The Ivory Coast was one of the most stable countries in Africa until political and ethnic conflicts destabilized it about 10 years ago.
PROVERBS FROM THE IVORY COAST
1. Save your fowl before it stops flapping.
2. Too much discussion means a quarrel.
3. Mutual affection gives each his share.
4. Mutual gifts cement friendship.
5. It takes two to make a quarrel.
6. Two flavors confuse the palate.
7. He who talks incessantly talks nonsense.
8. A little leaven smoothes away the whole lump.
9. Their mosquito won’t bite me.
10. A bad son gives a bad name to his mother.
IMPORTANT LINKS ON THE IVORY COAST
The following links will take you to sources that have some important information on the Ivory Coast: