COMOROS [Capital City: Moroni]
PROVERBS FROM COMOROS
1. You can win a woman with lies but you cannot feed her with lies.
2. If you live in the river you should make friends with the crocodile.
4. A chicken with beautiful plumage does not sit in a corner.
5. A fool and water will go the way they are diverted.
6. A nose alone does not lead.
7. A slippery person is not a king.
8. A thread follows the path of the needle.
9. A whistle will not call back a dog that has escaped from the leash.
10. Where there are riches, thieves abound; if the riches are large, the thieves are as big.
11. If you steal while you carry your son on your back, you teach him to steal.
12. The spider moves only inside its web.
13. The elephant never abandons his tusks on the road, however heavy they may be.
14. Death is like an eagle that snatches away a chick and leaves its mother in tears.
IMPORTANT LINKS ON COMOROS
The following links will take you to sources that have some important information on Comoros: