THE GAMBIA [Capital City: Banjul]
This country was colonized by Britain until 1964 when it gained independence. Its serene coastal environment is ideal for tourism. The Gambia‘s main export commodity is groundnuts/peanuts.
PROVERBS FROM THE GAMBIA
1. Never mind if your nose is ugly as long as you can breathe through it.
2. People get fed up even with honey.
3. The leopard that visits you is the one which kills you.
4. The one who is too talkative leaves his mouth empty.
5. The plant protected by God is never hurt by the wind.
6. If you stir up the water in the pond, you will bring up the mud.
7. Wealth is dew.
8. Whoever comes last drinks muddy water.
9. Words are like spears: Once they leave your lips they can never come back.
10. Until lions have their own historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter.
11. He who sleeps on a borrowed mat, is sleeping on a cold, very cold ground.
IMPORTANT LINKS ON THE GAMBIA
The following links will take you to sources that have some important information on The Gambia: