MAURITANIA [Capital City: Nouakchott]
PROVERBS FROM MAURITANIA
1. It is only the water that is spilt; the calabash is not broken!
2. He who wears too fine clothes shall go about in rags.
3. Before eating, open your mouth.
4. Toio large a morsel chokes the child.
5. One must talk little and listen much.
6. Not all the flowers of a tree produce fruit.
7. Two eyes see better than one.
8. He who loves money must labor.
9. If you watch your pot, your food will not burn.
10. Before one cooks, one must have the meat.
11. A cutting word is worse than a bowstring; a cut may heal but the cut of the tongue does not.
12. He who begins a conversation does not foresee the end.
13. The sheep that wants to grow a long horn must have a strong skull.
14. The tail does not lead the head.
15. To manage yourself, use your head; to manage others, use your heart.
16. The bigger the head, the bigger the headaches.
17. A donkey which goes to grow horns returns with its ears cut off.
IMPORTANT LINKS ON MAURITANIA
The following links will take you to sources that have some important information on Mauritania: