SWAZILAND [Capital City: Mbabane]
PROVERBS FROM SWAZILAND
1. The antelope that is constantly moving will fall in a pit.
2. The bee that is forced into the hive will not produce honey.
3. When a Gorilla is in power, the monkeys are happy.
4. A man shows his character by what he laughs at.
5. A man who prides himself on his ancestry is like the potato plant, the best part of which is underground.
6. A person born to be a flower pot will not go beyond the porch.
7. A person who misses a chance and the monkey who misses its branch can’t be saved.
8. A person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.
9. A person whose heart is not content is like a snake which tries to swallow an elephant.
10. A pig bought on credit grunts all the year.
11. A poor man is hungry after eating.
12. A rich widow weeps with one eye and laughs with the other.
13. A runaway monk never speaks well of his convent.
14. A traveler to distant places should make no enemies.
15. A tree is best measured when it’s down.
16. A tortoise makes progress when it sticks its neck out.
17. Always taking out and never putting in, soon reaches the bottom.
18. An empty belly hears nobody.
19. An idle brain is the devil’s workshop.
20. An old dog does not bark for nothing.
IMPORTANT LINKS ON SWAZILAND
The following links will take you to sources that have some important information on Swaziland: