TOGO [Capital City: Lome]
Another former French colony, Togo is known for the dictatorship of its former ruler, Gen. Gnasingbe Eyadema whose stern measures created bad blood between his Kabwe ethnic group and others (particularly the Ewes of Southern Togo).
PROVERBS FROM TOGO
1. You can’t scare a monkey with a dead baboon.
2. That which has horns cannot be wrapped.
3. A man that does not lie shall never marry.
4. In the home of the coward, there is no funeral dirge.
5. It is better to walk than curse the road.
6. The teeth of a man serve as a fence.
7. Does a man not know when he has pepper in his eyes? If we forget yesterday, how shall we remember tomorrow?
8. A child does not laugh at the ugliness of its mother.
9. A full stomach does not last overnight.
10. Feces are the food of flies.
11. God exercises vengeance in silence.
12. He who has diarrhea knows the direction of the door without being told.
13. If God dishes you rice in a basket, do not wish to eat soup!
IMPORTANT LINKS ON TOGO
The following links will take you to sources that have some important information on Togo: